Just three days remain in the 2018 legislative session and YOU have the power to make a difference! There is still a chance paid family and medical leave will be called in either the House or the Senate.
Call and email the legislators listed below and urge them to support paid family and medical leave before May 9!
- Sen. Gayle Slossberg (Milford, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge): 860-240-0482; email@example.com
- Sen. Joan Hartley (Waterbury, Middlebury, Naugatuck): 860-240-0006; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Paul Doyle (Cromwell, Middletown, Newington, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield): 860-240-0475; email@example.com
- Sen. George Logan (Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Hamden, Naugatuck and Woodbridge): 860-240-0558; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Danny Rovero (Killingly, Putnam, Thompson): 860-240-8585; Danny.Rovero@cga.ct.gov;
- Rep. Emil Altobello (Meriden, Middlefield): 860-240-8585; Emil.Altobello@cga.ct.gov;
- Rep. Jonathan Steinberg (Westport): 860-240-0562; Jonathan.Steinberg@cga.ct.gov;
- Rep. Pat Boyd (Brooklyn, Pomfret, etc): 860-240-8585; Pat.Boyd@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Lonnie Reed (Branford): 860-240-8500; Lonnie.Reed@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Jeffrey Berger (Waterbury): 860-240- 8523; Jeffrey.Berger@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. John Hampton (Simsbury): 860-240-8585; email@example.com
- Rep. Pat Miller (Stamford): 860-240-8585; Patricia.Miller@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Cathy Abercrombie (Berlin, Meriden): (860) 240-8500; Catherine.Abercrombie@cga.ct.gov
Sample script: “Hello Representative _______, my name is _______. I strongly support paid family and medical leave because too many workers in our state face financial penalty when they need to take care of their families, welcome a baby, or recover from an illness. optional: share your personal experience or reason for supporting paid leave in 1-2 sentences] Please do your part to make paid leave a reality by voting YES on HB 5387. Thank you.”
Also contact House and Senate LEADERSHIP to urge them to call paid leave for a VOTE!!
- Speaker of the House Joe Aresimowicz: 860-240-8500 – Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov;
- Majority Leader Matt Ritter: 860-240-8585; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Senate President Martin Looney: 860-240-0375; email@example.com;
- Senate Majority Leader Bob Duff: 860-240-0414; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample script: “Hello ______, my name is _____. Too many families in our state face financial penalty when they need to take time off from work to care for a loved one, welcome a baby, or recover from an illness. The time is NOW for paid family and medical leave. Please call paid leave for a VOTE before May 9. Thank you.”