Paid family medial leave benefits both the employee and the employer. While some companies in the state do provide their employees with paid leave, most workers don’t currently have access to this important benefit.
- If workers can draw benefits from a system of paid family leave in lieu of some part of what the employer would otherwise provide, the employer enjoys a costs savings.
- In the first comprehensive study of California’s Family Leave Insurance program, the great majority of employers reported either cost savings or no additional costs associated with implementation because they temporarily assigned the work of employees on leave to other employees or hired temporary replacements.
- When employees know they have the ability to take time off from work to care for themselves or a loved one, they experience greater job satisfaction and are happier, more productive employees – which positively influences the bottom line.
- Businesses & Paid Leave: Fact Sheet
- Leaves That Pay: Employer and Worker Experiences with Paid Family Leave in California
- Paid Family Leave in Connecticut: What Small Businesses Need to Know
Are you a business owner interested in supporting the Campaign? Check out our business website.